Saturday, July 31, 2010

twenty ~

1. My alarm goes off every morning at 4:45 ~ from 5 - 7 is one of my favorite times of the day.


2. I love to wear pearls...with anything...a t-shirt and jeans to Wal-mart, and I still feel lovely" in my pearls.

3. I love where I live, I never want to move. I want to grow old and die right here in my house a...very... old... woman.

4. I used to want to grow up to be the first lady, and deep down inside I envy them.

5. I have been in love with my husband since I was 15...seriously...can hardly remember my past without him. He says he married me because I laughed at him, and I say I married him because he made me laugh....he still does.

6. I am a ridiculous creature of habit, ritual and routine! I park in the same parking spot at the grocery store, I will only buy my daughter purple crocs, I will only clean my house on Monday’s, wine at 5:00, I won’t make my bed on Sunday’s, errands on Tuesdays...the list goes on and on and on and on...seriously...on and on.

7. I love to study and research just about anything...Someday I would love to teach/share the stuff I am learning... mostly history, scripture, and random unknown things...like why they put the word FISH in big letters on the back of trucks, or why our teeth chatter when it is cold.

8. I MUST laugh several times a day...laughter is medicinal, and necessary... life is funny and should be laughed at much and often lest one become cantankerous, judgmental and captious!!! (Refer to #6)

9. I have a love affair with coffee...and I think that a sonic diet coke and a trip to Target can cure almost any mood.

10. Commercials, movies, or sitcoms with any form of gratuitous physical comedy makes me laugh until I cry and my stomach aches...then I rewind it and do it all again...

11. I believe Jesus of Nazareth is the original maverick, and truly the most amazing person that ever lived. I can’t learn enough about him, but I hope to live my life trying. (Phil 3:10)

12. I broke my collar bone falling into a handicapped toilet side rail in a department store. (I tell no lie.)

13. I love my kids in ways I could never pen....having them makes me feel like I have won the lottery...every day...

14. I would like to work on listening more and talking less...I am HORRIBLE at interrupting...I even interrupt myself sometimes, and who knows how much wisdom I have missed because I hardly let people finish their thoughts.

15. I resist the temptation to run everywhere...into the grocery store, into the pre-school, through parking lots, I tell myself “Don’t run, Laura, that is weird”


16. I have taught my kids to repeat to me on command “mom, you are so cool, you are cooler than cool, you are the origin of all coolness.” It comes in handy when they really want something they don’t deserve...I just say... “What do you say????”


17.My least favorite personality trait in a person is pretentiousness, and I teach my kids that “Everyone’s workin’ on something.”

18. I have a thing about nostalgic smells and as a result, I will never switch perfume...so that when my children smell it they think of me, and always will.

19. I get the hiccups every time I eat rice...every...single...time...


20. I love clip boards ~ I’m just sayin’

No comments:

Post a Comment