Wednesday, July 28, 2010

gadgets ~

Ahh...the kitchen, I don’t know about you, but my tools and gadgets are the most tempting areas to clutter in my kitchen! Below are steps to making the most of the tools and gadgets you have. Take inventory of all of your kitchen tools and gadgets…do you use each of them? Here is an opportunity to simplify and make more of what you will use! I challenge you to open those drawers and cabinets, and look through the little pitcher on your counter that holds all those wooden spoons and rubber spatulas. Consider your electric tools as well in this and ask yourself these questions…

Does using this come without frustration and with ease?

Do I use it often enough to make it worth storing?

Is it easy to clean up after usage?

Does it store in a convenient place?

Do I have this gadget in multiples?

Can I spend a little extra time and do by hand the same job this machine or gadget will do for me, even though I would look really cool using this “super hip” gadget?

What kind of shape is this in…broken, dusty, dull, or is it ready to use right now?

Based on your answers you can choose which items to keep in order to pare down to the essentials that you really need in the kitchen! Trust me, I think you will find your kitchen much more user friendly and you will gain some much needed space after you remove the egg cracker (as seen on tv), onion keeper, the oil drizzler and the bacon presser (most of which are still in the box).

No comments:

Post a Comment